European Voluntary Service

This is Pekarna's blog for EVS volunteers. Pekarna is a sending and hosting/receiving organisation for EVS volunteers and their volunteers (send and hosted ones) will keep you up to date about their work.

Evropska prostovoljska služba

Pekarna Magdalenske mreže Maribor te vabi, da se tudi ti pridružiš množici prostovljcev/-k Evropske prostovoljne službe (EVS) in odpotuješ v organizacijo po svoji izbiri v drugo državo EU. Smo pošiljajoča in gostiteljska organizacija EVS, ki mladim od 17. in do 30. leta za obdobje največ enega leta uredi vse podrobnosti za brezskrbno in povsem brezplačno delovanje v tujini.
Evropska prostovoljna služba je del programa ERASMUS + Mladi v akciji.

Za bolj podrobne informacije nas lahko kontaktiraš na: evs@pekarna.org



Friday 3 April 2009

Exhibition opening

On the 3rd of April at 20.00hrs it was the opening of the exhibition Ujeti by G. Pachla. The week days before I was quite busy with putting the pictures in the frames. And I had to do it again later, because when we moved them to hladilnica they all moved a bit down or up. It was a mess, but a fixable one.



On the day of the opening I went shopping for things I needed at the opening, like toastbread, bread spreads, drinks, chips and salty stickies. About an hour and a half before the opening we started to toast the bread. In Belgium we have these little pretoasted squares for receptions etc, but I couldn't find them here. We made triangles instead of squares and thanks to the grill-toaster Polonca gave me to use, it didn't take long at all.

In the beginning I was thinking that it won't be a success at all, but at the end of the evening I was very happy with the outcome. About 20 people showed up to look at the pictures, to talk, to drink and to eat.

For this exhibition and because I can right now I also want to thank everyone who helped me setting it up and making it possible. Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment