European Voluntary Service

This is Pekarna's blog for EVS volunteers. Pekarna is a sending and hosting/receiving organisation for EVS volunteers and their volunteers (send and hosted ones) will keep you up to date about their work.

Evropska prostovoljska služba

Pekarna Magdalenske mreže Maribor te vabi, da se tudi ti pridružiš množici prostovljcev/-k Evropske prostovoljne službe (EVS) in odpotuješ v organizacijo po svoji izbiri v drugo državo EU. Smo pošiljajoča in gostiteljska organizacija EVS, ki mladim od 17. in do 30. leta za obdobje največ enega leta uredi vse podrobnosti za brezskrbno in povsem brezplačno delovanje v tujini.
Evropska prostovoljna služba je del programa ERASMUS + Mladi v akciji.

Za bolj podrobne informacije nas lahko kontaktiraš na: evs@pekarna.org



Thursday 30 April 2009

Debate on volunteer work

On the 24th, there was a debate in the Medical/Cosmetic school. Urska asked me to join them to talk a little bit about EVS and volunteer work in general.

I was the closing act you could say lol. I talked a little about what I am doing here at Pekarna and explained that I have a lot of freedom to choose my own projects, but that not everyone gets this opportunity. I let them ask me some questions and I was really happy with what they asked. I'm really used to these superficial questions or even once a comment like:,,What there aren't enough jobs in Belgium so you come take ours?'' (btw my answer to that once there ar enough jobs in Belgium and better payed too...i was annoyed). This time I got questions like: did you do other volunteer work before your evs?, what are the cultural differences between Slovenia and Belgium?, where else in the world have you been?...

I think there are some pictures, but I have to ask where they are and then maybe I'll upload one :p

No comments:

Post a Comment