European Voluntary Service

This is Pekarna's blog for EVS volunteers. Pekarna is a sending and hosting/receiving organisation for EVS volunteers and their volunteers (send and hosted ones) will keep you up to date about their work.

Evropska prostovoljska služba

Pekarna Magdalenske mreže Maribor te vabi, da se tudi ti pridružiš množici prostovljcev/-k Evropske prostovoljne službe (EVS) in odpotuješ v organizacijo po svoji izbiri v drugo državo EU. Smo pošiljajoča in gostiteljska organizacija EVS, ki mladim od 17. in do 30. leta za obdobje največ enega leta uredi vse podrobnosti za brezskrbno in povsem brezplačno delovanje v tujini.
Evropska prostovoljna služba je del programa ERASMUS + Mladi v akciji.

Za bolj podrobne informacije nas lahko kontaktiraš na: evs@pekarna.org



Friday 20 March 2009

The day Julien left

Today at 7.40 Julien went back to France.

Yesterday during the vegan dinner I gave him a little goodbye present, a bowl and a cup. It's because every morning he uses both to eat his breakfast and drink some coffee, so from now on he can remember his time in Slovenia every morning.

I also made some vegan pancakes. It were going to be waffles, but the recipe I found for it didn't work. Every time I tried to make a waffle in the machine, the dough didn't stick together, so in the end I decided to make pancakes out of the dough. It had some banana, rice drink, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, vegetable oil and a pinch of salt in it. I served it with some powdered sugar or abricot jam. I should've made more though, because after a while the plate was empty. However that might have been because a lot of people showed up.

Today I woke up at 7.30 to say one last goodbye to Julien and to wish him a safe trip home and good luck on his exam. Afterwards I decided to lay in bed for a while longer and then I went to the boarding school to put up the posters for the new movie and discussion session on monday and now I'm at pekarna updating my blogs, before I'll go home for the weekend.

I hope you will all have a great weekend!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment