European Voluntary Service

This is Pekarna's blog for EVS volunteers. Pekarna is a sending and hosting/receiving organisation for EVS volunteers and their volunteers (send and hosted ones) will keep you up to date about their work.

Evropska prostovoljska služba

Pekarna Magdalenske mreže Maribor te vabi, da se tudi ti pridružiš množici prostovljcev/-k Evropske prostovoljne službe (EVS) in odpotuješ v organizacijo po svoji izbiri v drugo državo EU. Smo pošiljajoča in gostiteljska organizacija EVS, ki mladim od 17. in do 30. leta za obdobje največ enega leta uredi vse podrobnosti za brezskrbno in povsem brezplačno delovanje v tujini.
Evropska prostovoljna služba je del programa ERASMUS + Mladi v akciji.

Za bolj podrobne informacije nas lahko kontaktiraš na: evs@pekarna.org



Monday 13 April 2009

Family visiting

On the 4th of April my parents, aunt and uncle came to Maribor for a little vacation. While we were waiting for them, Petra and I made them a pie with cherries, put everything they had asked for in a box and waited for their call.

After a +/- 13 hour drive they arrived at their apartment. They arrived here quite hungry so I took them to Ancora. They all got a big pizza, but they couldn't finish it. It was just too much.

I was at work almost every day, but I went to them during the evenings to hang out or go for walks. On friday we went to postojnska-jama. If you want to know more about the caves, visit this website: www.postojna-cave.com. I was really happy they decided to go with my idea and go there, because it was one of the things I really wanted to do while being here. It didn't hurt of course that my uncle is a big fan of things like that and that they really wanted to go too.

On saturday, around 1 they left. This time it only took them about 12 hrs to get back to Belgium. They took all of the pics back home with them, because I forgot to plug the memory card in my computer, or rather I forgot to take my computer to them to get it done.

It was a very nice visit with lots of benefits for me and I enjoyed their visit. In June my parents will come back for a 14 days vacation in Terme Čatež (http://www.terme-catez.si/en/)and afterwards they'll drive me home.

The day I'll have to leave Slovenia is almost here and I'm not looking forward to it at all. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment