European Voluntary Service

This is Pekarna's blog for EVS volunteers. Pekarna is a sending and hosting/receiving organisation for EVS volunteers and their volunteers (send and hosted ones) will keep you up to date about their work.

Evropska prostovoljska služba

Pekarna Magdalenske mreže Maribor te vabi, da se tudi ti pridružiš množici prostovljcev/-k Evropske prostovoljne službe (EVS) in odpotuješ v organizacijo po svoji izbiri v drugo državo EU. Smo pošiljajoča in gostiteljska organizacija EVS, ki mladim od 17. in do 30. leta za obdobje največ enega leta uredi vse podrobnosti za brezskrbno in povsem brezplačno delovanje v tujini.
Evropska prostovoljna služba je del programa ERASMUS + Mladi v akciji.

Za bolj podrobne informacije nas lahko kontaktiraš na: evs@pekarna.org



Wednesday 18 March 2009

Lunch

Time for another update.

Last week I had the discussion group on Monday. Three people showed up to watch the movie, which of course isn't lots, but highschoolers have lots of other things to do, so I'm really happy that some of them are interested in the group. The discussion was not so easy. I had to ask a lot of questions, they still have to learn to speak their minds and because of the fact that the discussion is not in their native language it was even harder. I don't mind though this is the reason I'm having those discussions with them. So they learn how to express themselves in English.

The rest of the week was spend on preparing the new session and the exhibition of course. On thursday morning I had a little health problem. For some unknown reason I fainted in our little bathroom and I hit my head on two diferent places. I still wanted to come to my Slovenian class, but my teacher decided it was not good for me. I was being very slow she said. To make up for it I filled out the form she gave me about adjectives. I also finished the invites yesterday and they will be printed next.

Yesterday we and our colleagues had lunch in the Spanish restaurant Olé. I had some grilled salmon with rice and vegetables, a salad on the side and some Slovenian dessert (whipped cream with pieces of fruit in it). I really enjoyed my food this time. The restaurant had a good atmosphere imo. I didn't take any pics, but I know some people did so I will ask for them to send me some so you all can see it too. The lunch was a goodbye lunch for Julien and Iris (infodesk), both of them are leaving this week.

I still have to prepare the new poster for the discussion group, so I'll spend the next hours doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment