European Voluntary Service

This is Pekarna's blog for EVS volunteers. Pekarna is a sending and hosting/receiving organisation for EVS volunteers and their volunteers (send and hosted ones) will keep you up to date about their work.

Evropska prostovoljska služba

Pekarna Magdalenske mreže Maribor te vabi, da se tudi ti pridružiš množici prostovljcev/-k Evropske prostovoljne službe (EVS) in odpotuješ v organizacijo po svoji izbiri v drugo državo EU. Smo pošiljajoča in gostiteljska organizacija EVS, ki mladim od 17. in do 30. leta za obdobje največ enega leta uredi vse podrobnosti za brezskrbno in povsem brezplačno delovanje v tujini.
Evropska prostovoljna služba je del programa ERASMUS + Mladi v akciji.

Za bolj podrobne informacije nas lahko kontaktiraš na: evs@pekarna.org



Monday 26 September 2011

Hello from Maribor!!! (so good to say it)

My name is Nebojša, I'm one of the 2 new EVS volunteers at Pekarna in Maribor.

I come from Serbia from little town called Kikinda, I will not bother you where is it - if you are interested, it is easy for you to find out. But will I try to tell you about my first actions living in Maribor and Slovenia for 25 days already.


View from bridge in Maribor, I made a pic, then saw that they have it on postcards :)


It is all mixed up for me now - I have spent really fulfilled 25 days, and kind of don't have exact words to say how I feel here. For that time, I have traveled to on-arrival training to Bohinj Lake, explored Maribor and I still haven't managed to see all what I want, tried to help in organizations of events in GUSTAF hall - and sometimes even I helped, not just watched what others do.


Smiley faces of great EVS company from on arrival training at Bohinj lake


I will tell you few of my official assignements (order is not by priorities),
- promotion of EVS in schools in Maribor,
- technical support in Gustaf Hall (my favorite),
- technical support for PC-s in organization (as much as I know, and learn...),
- bring some music bands from Serbia and maybe region,
- will have MY OWN RADIO SHOW (my second favorite)
- and when I can, repair some bicycles if needed - from the bicycles which are ment for renting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U01xasUtlvw
:)))


The fact why I can't say much about my impressions is that I had only good times here for now, and I will spend 12 month - so I know that I'm not here on vacation. I wait for some bigger problem to show up and then find out how quickly it will be solved!
I don't want to tell you fairytale, because for me it is all so good - and it would look like one.

So I hope I will have more inspiration to write next time, and say more about my impressions - I will give my best to update blog soon.

Lep Pozdrav
Nebojša

No comments:

Post a Comment